Wow, first of all I would like to thank my newest fans and followers. Ha, that cracks me up. I wanted to try and make that sound like an acceptance speech as I did just get nominated for an award. Seriously, I am tickled pink that home23duncanboys thought of me. Thank you so very much. This is my first blogger award. Therefore, let me see if I do this right! Here it goes... Here are the rules that I must follow:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award. 2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. 3. Link to the person who nominated you for the award. 4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know. 5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. 6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. 7. Leave a comment on each.
Here are 7 things about me that people may not know.
1. I do pretty goofy things. Ridiculous but true, a few things come to mind. As of this morning I was so busy that I put my blackberry in the refrigerator. (In my defense it was in my lunchbox and I didn't just place it on a shelf for safe keeping) AND we ran out of shampoo and I grabbed a sample thinking it was shampoo and it was RINSE aka conditioner. No clue. So, needless to say my hair today at work has been pretty funny looking. Past ridiculous things, I broke my ankle trying to PRANK my husband on our annual family beach trip.
2. Sometimes I wonder why I put so much emphasis on my home. I definitely love design and decorating for sure but I truly appreciate my home. I think it stems from growing up many years living in an apartment. I loved every minute of my family life but I remember as a child wanting to have a yard and a house. For years my family searched for land in order to build a home with the rest of our extended family. I remember driving around with my parents and looking at houses, land, etc. Sundays were spent touring homes and driving all around. I think the big excitement finally came when my parents told me we were building a house. I was in middle school by this point. So, I think my love of a home comes from the excitement my family felt when we got our first house and could decorate it!
3. Immediate friends may know this but maybe some of my outside followers would not know. By day, I work in Clinical Research, however by night and any other time, my heart and head is in design world. Thinking of interior design or floral design is my passion.
4. I heart Edward Cullen and the Twlight Saga books. That may have been two simple of a statement. Let me just say that I heart anything Vampire related. I watch True Blood on HBO and now Vampire Diaries. Also, I have been stalking when the New Moon movie comes out, which is November 20th in order that I can purchase movie tickets for the second Twlight saga movie. I have to ensure they do not sale out!
5. Secretly, I wish I could be a back up dancer. I will not discriminate on who wants me to dance in their videos. Okay, I bluffed a little. I may be a little picky. Call me Justin or Usher, I am free!
6.Fav movies as a kid, Romance in the Stone and Goonies
7. I went to the University of North Carolina (Tar heels) if your in the South, you should know this ACC team:)
8. I hate having my blood drawn or even touched on my wrists or neck. Any touching near any major veins will make me cringe.
I nominate several other fellow bloggers that I think are fabulous.... drum roll....
1- Young house love. I love that I just stumbled across them on the net one day when searching for DIY yard projects. I couldn't stop reading their blog. I was so impressed with their DIY ranch renovation but even more so that they are so down to earth and funny. To date I do not miss a day without reading them or their fellow pooch. 2-Burger, who is the fellow pooch to the adorable young house love couple. 3- Brooklyn Limestone also another fav of mine. She has wonderful taste in decor and is a delight to read. Did I mention how cool her limestone is that her and her hubby re-finished? 4- My Sweet Savannah, I stumbled across her house tour on hgtv and then come to find out small world but all the other bloggers I stumbled across had also found her! Great minds think alike I suppose. Her daily inspiration photos are great. photos she posts on her blog. 5- Daily Coyote This blog is not a design blog at all, however it is story of a women who rescued Charlie, the coyote when he was ten days old after his parents were shot after hunters were shooting sheep. This lady raised this Coyote along with her dog and cat. If you ever get a chance read some old stories and view the photos of her journey in Wyoming raising this adorable house of furry animals. Her photography is amazing. You can see shots of the life of all her animals. 6-Thrify Decor Chick, as she has awesome DIY tips, especially her dining room centerpiece she recently featured a few posts back. Go check it out. 7- Its the little things that make a house a home is another great blog I stumbled across, check her blog out some time.