Monday, July 4, 2011

Ever heard of the saying "Mommy Brain"

My girlfriends warned me of "mommy brain".  However, I did not believe them until Madelyn came around.  This "mommy brain" moment takes the cake or should I say "flowers".  I was asked to do some arrangements for a former bride for her parents 35th wedding anniversary.  I thought the date was June 30th and it was actually suppose to be July 30th!  Luckily, it was just her bouquet I made and four buckets to line a aisle going down the beach and not an entire wedding!  I was so bummed as I thought the flowers turned out great and just what I had in mind for a vow renewal on the beach:)  The bride told me to use my judgement on picking the flowers but did tell me that her mom loved yellow roses.   I added a few in to all the arrangements.  Here are some close up shots of the bouquet.  My mother in law had just celebrated her 37th wedding anniversary, so I packed up the flowers for our fourth of July road trip (at least they could still be enjoyed)!!   Forgetful mommy brain was not good!

No comments:

Post a Comment